bakgrund

14 November 2012

Veterans day

Monday was veterans day so I was off school. Or actually it was Sunday but most people celebrated monday. Not that you do anything to celebrate, you just get a day off:) the holiday is to honor people in the army.
Tuesday night we had a teachers vs student volleyball game at school. Not a lot of people were there but at student council was;) I didn't play but it was fun to watch!!
This morning I woke up at nine.. Which maybe doesn't sound that late but it means that I missed 3 of 6 classes. Oh well that happens I'm lucky I don't have strict parents. Gettin late to school is obviously not as easy as it is in Sweden here though, you have to go through the front office as all the gates are closed to get into campus. And then you have to ask for a "tardy pass" to get to class and sign in with the time you came to school + the reason you're late.
I run over to my neighbours to ask for a ride to school as I was late, so now I know them a little better- they are really nice! They live in Canada and come to AZ for the winter, pretty smart people!

Btw, I've booked a trip to Hawaii!!! I'm going with my friend Sofia (from Sweden) who is in Kentucky and a lot of other exchange students:D I'm sooo excited!! Only 79 days left! (Going in February). Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment