bakgrund

23 November 2012

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Ooops, haven't been writing in a week... time goes by fast!
 Sunday I went to church with a friend from school, Becca. I've always wanted to see what it is like to go to church here as I've heard it's so different from Sweden. Even if I normally don't attend church at home. It was a lot different! The church was bigger and full of people. And they sang a lot more. Went to the youth group that meet before the service every sunday with Becca. But we didn't do much. Ate cake cause it was somebody's birthday and than sat and talked the rest of the time. 

Since wednesday I've been out of school for thanksgiving break (5 days). Wednesday I helped cleaning some more at home hanged out with Rhianna. She came over and we saw the movie Honey 2 :) then late at night both Karen (my mom) and I decided to bake... I baked "pepparkakor" but I cheated cause I used IKEA's cookie dough. Karen baked some lemon and ricotta cheese cookies that were awesome! 
Need to learn how to make them.

Thursday was the day I have been waiting for! Thanksgiving. The people we had over came at 3 PM. We were 9 all together here. We ate soo much food! I'm not even sure we ate half of it :O
And my mom i such an awesome cooker so everything was delicious. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, rice, croissants, beef, pumpkin pie, cookies, cheesecake and more... I don't remember everything. what we did was to sit down and eat :D 

Here in America the day after thanksgiving (Friday) is called Black Friday and is a big shopping day. All the stores have big sales and people are crazy! most stores/malls open at midnight, so after thanksgiving dinner people go shopping. We were going to go @ 2 AM but decided to go later instead. So I woke up at 5 and me and my mom went shopping. Went first to  an outlet mall,  then victoria secret and then to an other mall. We also had breakfast between the two malls at a place called the corner bakery - yummy food! Found a lot in the sales, almost done christmas shopping aswell which is nice ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment