bakgrund

11 November 2012

IKEA

It's already an other weekend, time goes so fast!! For the last few days the weather has been cloudy and it rained once!:D
Thursday night we (student council) had a movienight at school to raise money for scool events. You paid $4 (ca 28kr) and got pizza, a drink and saw the movie. The movie was The Avengers. I had fun:)
Friday I just stayed home, I was soo tired! I guess I've had too much going on lately and needed to recover;)
Saturday night I hung out with Rhianna, we went for a walk with the dog first and then spent some time at my place:)

Today is sunday and me and my parents are on our way home from IKEA! Kind of wierd to see IKEA with palmtrees in front of it. I've never thought it was that fun to be at IKEA as now when I've been away from home for 4 months... We had swedish food (meatballs + mashed potatoes) and bought some swedish stuff at the swedish food store. The food taste the same as in Sweden. For those who don't know - in the IKEA stores around the world there is a "swedish food section". I bought some salmon (gravad lax), saft, chocolate, pepparkaksdeg, herrgård (I've been missing swedish cheese so much!) and kardemumma skorpor! And then I tried the american version of cinamon rolls... I'm disapointed, their cinamon rolls are covered with frosting -the american way to add more sugar. Way to sweet.
My hostmom decided to try some swedish traditions so she bought an "adventstjärna" (the stars you hang in the window for advent with a light in) and then we bought an advent kalender, It supposed to be for me but I think my hostmom is the most exited about it ;) I think we all had a nice time!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you bought pretty much the same stuff I bought when I went to IKEA! And I have to agree, Swedish cinnamon rolls are way better... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep... americans have to learn how to bake them!

    ReplyDelete