bakgrund

24 September 2012

SEDONA

Hi!
I'm now gonna start writing my blog in english. It doesn't bother me writing it in english and it's a good exercise. I hope all my family members all over Europe/Asia will enjoy it ;)
I spent the weekend in Sedona which is a National Park in Arizona about 2 hours from here. The reason I went there was for YFUs Orientation. We have three orientations during the year with all the exchange students in AZ were we talk about being an exchange student, school, hostfamilies and homesickness. We are 16 exchange students in Arizona from Sweden, Germany, Russia, Denmark, Finland and Thailand.
We arrived to Sedona Friday around noon after a stop at Tacobell (fastfood place serving mexican food) and spent some time hanging around, talk and get to know each other. When everybody had arrived, we went down to a park to have some group activities/games. I tried pumpkin pie, Root beer and peanut butter&jelly sandwiches :)
During the afternoon and after dinner we had our orientation. Everybody is experiencing the same thing haha!
We had hotdogs for dinner and didn't go to bed too late as everybody was exhausted...
Saturday morning we went on a hike for a couple of hours. Sedona is known for the red rocks, it's beautiful!
We climbed all the way up to "bell rock" (which was pretty steep, but totally worth it) where we had a wonderful view! Thank god we didn't see any snakes... Apparently there are some snakes there that can kill you :O For those who know me know how scared of snakes I am...W
We had some more orientation before dinner, and then we watched Paranormal Activity 3 :D I slept outside on the terrace both nights with Emilia, Miranda and Anna (all three from Finland) which was awesome! Kind of cold for my head though. The stars were so pretty!
After breakfast Sunday we cleaned the house (Simon's hostparents have a house in Sedona we stayed in) and spent some time in downtown Sedona shopping before going home again.
The weekend was a blast and I can't wait til next time I'll meet all these nice people!
You find more pictures on facebook, And for those who haven't a facebook: get one or else too bad for you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment