bakgrund

08 February 2013

Last day in HI

This was our last day on Oahu. Sad that we have to leave, Hawaii is awesome!
Today was my group's turn to go snorkling. We went to a beach were they don't allow big groups to go. So Belo (the travel agency) had arranged a system were we all got devided in small groups and went with small vans to the beach instead. Haha and then we weren't supposed to act like we new the other "small groups". Anyway the beach was pretty and there were lot's of fishes to see. Tried to take pictures with my underwater camera - don't know how they turned out though^^

Got back to the hotel around 3 and at 4 we left to go to a "Hawaiian party" for our last dinner. It was a place at the beach (50 min from our hotel) were they had a lot of "typical hawaiian activities/events/food going on. We watched them dance on the beach at sunset (good weather = pretty sunset), their ritual to turn and lift "the pig" (what they eat for celebrations) and then the dances that goes with it. We all dressed kind of hawaiian style. I wore a dress and then my lei (flower necklace) and my hawaiian state flower in my hair:) We also got a hawaiian dinner we ate at the tables on the beach. During dinner they had shows with dances and music. We all got to dance the hula-hula dance and became "certificated hula-hula dancers". Dinner was a buffet, I ate fish, rice, pasta sallad and tufu bread (a purple bread made of a root from a specific plant). The fire show was really cool.
When we came back to the hotel it was time to fill in the trip evaluation and pack our bags. So sad I don't wanna go home!

snorkling beach

All the Swedes! 






My roomies :)



Pic with the lifeguard 


No comments:

Post a Comment