bakgrund

21 December 2012

Winter Break!

Finally break! Here you are not allowed to say Christmas Break or Merry Christmas to people. At school the break it's therefore called Winter Break. Teachers say "Happy holidays" instead of Merry Christmas and so does the rest of the world here. On TV commercials, TV shows or in the stores they say "happy holidays". I guess it's a good thing that they think about all the different cultures in the country...
Tuesday was the last day of regular school. In student council we had a potluck (were everybody bring food and share with each other) and secret santa. I baked swedish chocolate cake (kladdkaka). Secret Santa works like this: Everyone gets a person to give a gift to. And it's supposed to be secret so that you don't know who has your name. I got a Starbucks kit and some candies from Burgundi :D

Wednesday and Thursday were final days. That means that we had short days (got out at 12.15) and all we had were final exams in all our classes. On wednesday I had finals in History, Digital Communication and English. Thursday I had Student council, Math and Ceramics.
Went all good ;)
Thursday was also the last day of school. Boring thing here is that nothing special happens last day of school here. After the last final all you do is just go home.
So cool! I've made it through my first entire semester of my exchange 8700 km from home!

Leaving school for break! 

My ceramics projects I made at school haha

No comments:

Post a Comment