bakgrund

01 December 2012

Queen Creek Parade

Friday night I left Surprise (where I live) and headed towards Queen creek (2 h from here) to my friend Miranda's house. She is an other exchange student from Finland. Together with the other exchange students from YFU we built a float for a parade the next day. A common american thing to do! The  reason we participated on the parade was to promote YFU and get new hostfamilies/students for next year. For the first time in my life I managed to blow up a balloon by myself! haha I know it's weird but I've never done it before... After a short night we woke up Saturday and went to the parade with our float! The parade started at 10 AM so we had to get up in the morning. For breakfast we had doughnuts - a real american breakfast! The funny thing is that when I came here I couldn't eat doughnuts for breakfast without feeling sick and now it's not an issue anymore...
The parade went well, we had all the flags from the different countries and our santa hats on. It was a nice experience, never been in a parade before.
Then we went to Olive Graden (an Italian restaurant EVERYBODY loves here) for lunch. I had Fettucine Alfredo, I have to say I agree with people here, the food was awesome! After that Mette came home with me and spent the night here ;) Awesome girl :D
Watched movies, baked cinnamon rolls and ate Starbucks ice cream. OMG best ice cream evah!!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment