bakgrund

16 December 2012

A week goes by fast

Monday I stayed home from school as I didn't feel very good. Has been a busy week. Have had DBQ's (kind of project/test) and benchmarks (district's tests) in all my classes. Tuesday night it was the Future Freshman Night at school. As I am in Student Council I was there to help. Had to stand outside for over an hour helping lost parents... Freezing! But it was nice to see all the future freshman, even though I won't be here next year. The weather here is pretty much as cold as it would ever be here in the winter. During the day it's around 14-20 C and in the morning/night it can be as cold as 5 C.
Been a little homesick during the week. I guess that's part of life being far away from home. Feel much better now :D
Tuesday-thursday I had track practice after school. Went well, start getting almost in shape haha!

I spent Friday night in Goodyear with Mette and Gabi. Went first to see their home basketball game and then Desert Edge High School's dance show that Mette was in. The show was great and so was Mette! <3 Saw Shadow Ridge's dance show last Friday (my school) which was also good, even though Desert Edge's was more professional ;) After the show Mette, Gabi and me went to Red Robin with some of Mette's friends. Their hamburgers are sooo good! :D Spent the night and the saturday at Mette's house.
Emilia came by later on Saturday and then we went to the movies. Saw Playing for Keeps, Good movie - worth seeing it! Ended up sleeping @ my place after that.
This morning (sunday) I skyped with Amanda before Mette, Karen and I went to Ikea. Emilia had to go home ;( We bought some Swedish food and then went to Victoria Secret as we had coupons that expire soon.
When I came home I made some "christmas candies". I made "ischoklad" and white chocolate lemon fudge. It's also my mom's birthday today, Happy Birthday mom hope you had a great b-day in Singapore!




Basketball game


Hanging out in the hallway!


What Americans associate Sweden with... Funny thing is that I've never seen these candies in Sweden ^^


Basketball game

No comments:

Post a Comment