bakgrund

24 December 2012

Christmas Eve

December 24!! For me it's Christmas but here most people celebrate Christmas day instead. My family celebrates both days, but the most important day is the 25th.
We are gonna have some swedish christmas food tonight so that my family gets to experience that. I think we're also going to open a few presents...
I have two host siblings who don't live here, one lives in California (Joe, 26 years) and the other one in Michigan (Renee, 21 years). Joe came home last Thursday and Renee is coming home tomorrow. It's fun to get to know them as well!

I'll tell you more about Christmas in America after tomorrow.
Friday night my family and I went to Glendale (town 20 min from here) to see all the christmas lights they have there. Very pretty! The difference between american and swedish christmas lights is that here everything has to be as colorful as possible, "white" lights like we have plenty of in Sweden are rarely seen here. Other difference is that the lights are on palm  trees instead of pine trees.

GOD JUL!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!











No comments:

Post a Comment