bakgrund

02 December 2012

Advent in AZ

Less than a month til Christmas! Best time of the year :D Today is the first Sunday of advent. But Advent is not a big thing here, most people don't even know what it is. They don't have any advent calenders at all. People decorate their houses in the beginning of December with Christmas things, but then they don't do anything before  Christmas. They don't have Lucia either, I guess that's a Scandinavian thing. Thanks to me we have an advent calender (from ikea) filled with candies and then the 4 candles to light the four Sundays.We'll tend the first one today. We also got an "adventstjärna" (advent star) for the window in the hall at ikea:) my hostparents are exited about all the swedish traditions ;)
The Christmas music is the same here as in Sweden, but the songs are in English of course.
A little hard to get into Christmas mood here though. The sun is shining, 25 degrees Celsius, and palm trees everywhere.;) I'll do my best!



My hostmom foud a santa hat ;)


boxes with x-mas decorations


Our Advent calender from Ikea

No comments:

Post a Comment